About Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is the marketing of products or services using Electronic Media, mainly through online or Internet, also includes Mobile Phones, Display Advertising, and any other Digital Medium. It uses Digital Channels to reach Consumers or Customers. The main key objective is to promote brands through various forms of Digital Media. It is different from Traditional Marketing. It refers to advertising delivered through Digital Technology Channels such as Search Engines, Websites, Social Media, Email, and Mobile Apps. Digital Marketing is the most lucrative and demanding career in today’s Digital World, because of its Modern Marketing skills used all around the world. Today’s Digital Marketing Experts must have essential skills of Digital Marketing like –
Paid Social Media Advertising Expertise
- Should be knowledgeable in Paid Social Media Advertising like Facebook and other social platforms.
- Need to understand and implement Insights and Facebook Analytics.
- Create similar and custom viewers, experiment and test creative campaign and images.
- Be secure and have knowledge of the overall Social Media Platforms.
- To know various budget saving opportunities within the social media advertising space.
Skills about Sales
- To know and manage how to engage with consumers and turn them into sales opportunities.
- Digital Marketers should know how to sell or they will be wastingtime and money without generating anyprospective lead opportunities for Sales Team.
Specific Marketing Channel Expertise
- The key to a successful marketing strategy is focusing on a few channels and using them efficiently in real practical way.
- Understanding the dynamics of the Marketing Channel deeply and leveraging those dynamics for specific company marketing usage.
- Focus on the exact feasible tactics of local SEO which helps to get a client to No. 1 on Google.
Ability to think Objectively
- A marketer who can distinct himself from his work will plan the route with a targeted eye.
- Who can focus on what actually works not just keep hope by assuming it would work.
Ability to Execute and Analyze Marketing /Campaigns
- Inbound Marketing is a main skill in promoting Lead Generation.
- Examine the incoming data and create a robust Marketing Campaign.
- Requires an Analytical mindset and Strategic thinking.
- Marketing happens when communication expands upon the fundamental of conversion.
Mix of both Analytical and Creative abilities
- Digital Marketing requires both Analytical and Creative thinking.
- It is important to bring “Analytical and Creativity” to every Digital Marketing program.
- Digital Marketing allows being very measurable even for exclusive beautiful Creative Campaigns using Analytics to future Strategies.
Good Copy and Visual abilities
- Digital media is a photocopy and visual oriented medium.
- The primary understanding and ability is to manipulate.
- Copy and Visual are the two elementsis critical in today’s Digital Marketing.
- Relationship building is an important component of Digital Marketing.
- Having a likable personality plays an important role in Digital Marketing.
Understanding of WordPress
- WordPress is a vital technical tool for Digital Marketing.
- Use to create and manage a blog or even a website.
- Helps to continually educate on new plug-ins and functionality.
- Word Press has become the major go to platform for Digital Marketers.
Savvy of Self-Promoting
- Messaging skills should be consistent across all platforms.
- If having a strong understanding of Social Media and Leveraging Brands, then it should
be very easy to do the Self-Promoting.
- Care should be put into the presentation and expansion of Self-Promoting.
Understanding of Communication
- If the product is good, then should know to communicate to potential customers within fewer than 140 characters.
- Digital marketers should be efficient and effective with nominal messaging.
Ability to analyze Quantifiable Metrics
- Judging the value of investment in marketing and advertising is very essential.
- Digital marketing consultants shouldhave the capabilities and the general knowledge requirements to provide actionable metrics.
- Analytics and Metrics software are the tools of the day for Digital Marketers.
- New Consultants or Team Members should able to use those tools to ensure Accuracy and Efficiency.
- As a Digital Marketer, should know to promote services through words, images, video and social media which are very essential elements.
- Digital Marketing also provides an opportunity for its Specialists to listen to various groups of people, from clients to consumers, in new different ways.
- Through social media and analytical tools, we can listen to our consumer’s thoughts on a product.
- At least once a month a new platform adjusts its algorithm.
- If you are operating on a methodology working without flexibility, then your business will fall down and lose ground fast.
- Should always be flexible with the new methodology terms.
Basic Design Skills
- Should know to communicate a message properly, it is vital.
- A broader part of Digital Marketing is much about visual appearance.
- A Digital Marketer should possessatleast some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS or Photoshop.
These are the above skills which are important to make a brighter career in Digital Marketing Profession. Digital Marketing is not specially targeted to one field.
So one may choose the area to work and take training in the same field to get better work opportunities. Digital marketing career will give option to work with multiple companies with different work domain.
The major reasons that make Digital Marketing a good career are:
No particular qualification background is needed
- No need to have a specific set of qualifications to pursue digital marketing Certification.
- In Digital marketing, passion matters but not the qualification.
- The best part is no need to begin your career from scratch. If having passion about marketing that is enough.
Profession in demand
- As all the companies are moving towards the digital world, the demands for Digital Marketing Professions are raising sturdily.
- People who are interested in any area of the Digital Marketingmust get certified at the earliest without wasting any more time.
- Digital Marketing can provide flexible work environment as it can be done through Internet.
- From where the work is done not important major requirement is good internet connection.
- Companies also provide more flexible options depending on job requirements.
Always moving with Time and Progressive
- Digital Marketing Profession keeps adopting new technology and experiments new thing to provide better result, as it is new in the Industry comparing to other professions.
- Because of new in the Industry, This shows how dynamic this career option.
- Professionals are always updated with new latest market trends.
To learn Multiple Disciplines
- Digital Marketing is not specially targeted to one field.
- Anyone can choose the area of work and take training in the same field to get better job opportunities.
So these are the few reasons which make Digital Marketing at par comparing to different careers in today’s Digital World. Now let us know about Digital Marketing career options, which are quite lucrative can readily explore lucrative Digital Marketing opportunities in the following fieldslike –
Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Managers should have an experience of 5+ years with Certification.
- Responsibilities includes – Leading the Digital Marketing Team and reporting to the Vice President of Marketing of the Company.
- Responsible for integrating different parts of Digital Marketing and making it efficient.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO Executive)
- SEO Executive needs to deal with the processes that affect the visibility of a website in a search engine’s organic results.
- SEOExecutive is responsible for both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
- SEO Executive analyzes reviews and makes changes to websites for getting optimized for search engines.
- Responsibilities of an SEO Executive involves keyword research, getting pages indexed, user experience optimization, using webmaster tools, managing duplicate content, and many more areas.
- SEO Executive should be an expert with the usage of various kinds of SEO tools in the market.
- SEO Executive reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Social Media Marketing Expert
- Social Media Marketing Expert job is to deal with gaining website traffic via social media sites.
- Most social media platforms have built-in data analytics tools which are used by SMM Experts to gain traffics.
- Goal of SMM Expert is to produce content that users will share with their social network.
- SMM Expert helps company to increase brand exposure or name and extends customer reach.
Content Marketing Manager
- Responsible for content marketing,
- Initiates managing the blog, marketing campaigns, copywriting of sales page, eBook publications, guest blogging, video marketing and email marketing.
- Content Marketing Manager reports to Digital Marketing Managers or the Head of Marketing.
- Content Marketing Manager can work from home without any hustle this is an added advantage.
- Job responsibilities of a copywriter are vast.
- Should always be ready to work with team of many people in the digital marketing.
- Copywriter can help the content team process their content for better acceptance.
- Copywriterhelps the Social Media Manager with posting better words on social media channels.
- Copywriterhelp the Search Engine Marketer write better ad copy.
- Copywriter should be proficient in English.
- Copywriter should know how to write effectual articles in order to fuel the sales funnel.
Search Engine Marketer / Specialist
- Jobs of Search Engine Marketer are done by the Digital Marketing Manager if the size of the company is small.
In bigger companies, they have a dedicated Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEM Specialist) along with a team for search engine marketers.
- Functions of a Search Engine Marketer include focusingon number of leads and clicks from the given marketing
- budget, analysis, keyword research, bid management, split testing the ad campaigns, and ad copywriting.
- Reporting Managers for Search Engine Marketers are also known as Digital Marketing Managers.
Inbound Marketing Manager
- The demand for Inbound Marketing Manager depends upon the type and size of the organizations.
- A responsibility of an Inbound Marketer is to manage the funnel and conversion at each stage.
Conversion rate optimization, drip marketing, and lead nurturing.
- This position deals with bringing users in, instead of marketers going out to get prospects attention.
- Gains the interest of customers and draws them to the website with the help of interesting content.
Conversion Rate Optimizer
- A responsibility of a Conversion Rate Optimizer is of increasing the conversion ratio with each stage of the Marketing Funnel.
- The CRO expert in Digital Marketing should have to work with numerous people.
- CRO expert also works with the Inbound Marketing Manager in designing landing pages that convert leads into successful manner.
- The work of a CRO expert is to use numerous tools to achieve higher conversion rates.
- A CRO expert should be well-acquainted with tools which give insights on how people interact with landing pages.
Hope this article will help you to know few lucrative Digital Marketing jobs, which can be applied in companies for having better career opportunities after completion of Digital Marketing certification.To know further more you can log on and register to our website