Becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the United States is a prestigious and rewarding career achievement in the field of accounting and finance. This qualification is issued by the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) and can provide several benefits to the certification holder when acquired.
What is the US CPA Qualification?
The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification is a world-renowned qualification in Accounting. It is recognized in more than 180 countries for the high level of expertise it develops in individuals as well as the boost it provides to your career. The CPA course is extensive and covers accounting topics like taxation, auditing, regulatory frameworks and procedures, ethics, planning, and management of finances. To know more about how the CPA course compares to other accounting certifications, read our blog on “Difference between CMA, CPA and CIA Courses in Accounting and Auditing”. As can be seen above, the CPA course makes one an expert in accountancy and opens up a wide range of opportunities which we have discussed below.
CPA Eligibility Requirements:
Every state in the USA has its own CPA eligibility requirements but in general, M.Com / M.B.A. / ICWA / CA are eligible. BBA / BA / BSc graduates (4 years) from an accredited university or college with accounting subjects are eligible. However, the exact CPA requirements will vary from State to State, The CPA degree should include a certain number of accounting and business-related credit hours, which varies by state (usually around 120-150 semester hours).
The CPA certification consists of four papers:
Paper-1: Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR)
Paper-2: Auditing & Attestation (AUD)
Paper-3: Regulation (REG)
Paper-4: Business Environment & Concepts (BEC)
- Each part of the CPA exam is four hours long and consists of multiple-choice questions as well as simulation questions.
- Candidates must pass all four sections of the CPA Examination within a 30-month window. Read our blog “5 Ways to Pass the CPA Exam in First Attempt” to find tips on the most efficient way to pass the CPA exams.
- Candidates can choose the order in which they take the CPA exam parts.
- The exams are computer-based and can be taken at any Prometric test center worldwide. You can learn more about the CPA Course details discussed above through our website.
- Licensing: Once you meet all the requirements, apply for your CPA license through your state board of accountancy.
Benefits of CPA Certification:
The CPA certification offers several benefits, including:
- Global Recognition: The CPA certificate is recognized worldwide, making it valuable for professionals seeking international career opportunities.
- Enhanced Skills: The CPA training program covers a wide range of auditing, taxation, financial analysis, management accounting, and consulting concepts which helps you get up to date with the latest trends and practices in global accounting.
- Career Advancement: The CPA qualification helps its holders earn 10 – 15% more than non-CPA certification holders. This means higher salaries and increased chances for promotions.
- Competitive Advantage: The CPA certificate is highly demanded by employers around the world. Therefore, having the CPA designation can set you apart from other candidates in job interviews and increase your chances of getting your dream position within the accounting industry. Read our blog on “Career opportunities after CPA” to know the wide variety of job opportunities available to you after gaining your CPA credential.
To learn more about the benefits of the CPA Course, you can also read our blog on “What is the CPA certification? Why become a Certified Public Accountant?”. To become a CPA, you typically follow these steps:
- Check if you meet the CPA eligibility requirements.
- Start preparation for the CPA exams.
- Schedule your CPA exams.
- Pass the CPA exam and apply for your license.
Below, we have provided some additional information on the CPA eligibility requirements, the scope of the CPA degree, as well as essential CPA course details.
CPAs have a wide range of career opportunities in public accounting firms, corporations, government agencies, non-profits, and more.
Public Accounting: CPAs play an important role in auditing financial statements, providing tax services, and consulting with clients on financial matters.
Corporate Finance: Working as a financial analyst, controller, or CFO within a corporation to manage financial operations is another role of CPA holders.
Government and Non-Profits: They also serve as auditors or financial managers in government agencies or non-profit organizations.
Forensic Accounting: CPA certification holders also help investigate financial fraud and provide litigation support as expert witnesses.
Consulting: They advise businesses on financial strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and other complex financial matters.
Taxation: They also take on specialist roles in tax planning and help ensure compliance for individuals and businesses.
Academia: CPAs can also become professors or lecturers in accounting or finance.
CPAs are in demand across various industries, and their expertise is crucial for financial decision-making and regulatory compliance.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, the CPA certification can enhance your skills, boost your earning potential, and open doors to a successful career in financial management.
Therefore, choosing to pursue the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is an excellent decision that can result in many career benefits.
Why Choose Delphi Star Training Center?
At EduDelphi Education, we understand the huge impact that the CPA qualification can have on your career as well as the huge effort and time commitment required to accomplish it.
This is why we provide thousands of mock quizzes, class recordings, and timed mock exams through our online Learning Management System. Our blended learning formats provide an excellent way to study in the classroom or through online means to suit your needs.
Join us at Delphi Star Training Centre and enroll in our CPA online course to take the first step towards unlocking success in your accounting career!